Opinions on Music Festivals (EDM/Rap) in North America in General (compared to Europe)

I have recently moved to Canada from Europe and I started looking into festivals for the next summer... But either I am just looking at the wrong festivals or 80% of music festivals in North America are not really about music? When looking at most "aftermovies" or other videos and pictures, I see many barely over-age teens basically running around in underwear + "cool" frat boys? Is that what I have to expect from most big festivals? I was specifically looking at Coachella, Ultra, Fvded in the park, all these big names in Canada/US.

E.g. If I compare Ultra and, let's say, Defqon 1 (or some festival around the same size in Europe) I generally feel like that the crowd at Defqon 1 is more "mature" (?) and that Defqon 1 is more about the music and the feeling of unity in music than compared to Ultra where it seems to be more about being able to say "I have been there."

Can anyone recommend a festival that would suit me (mostly EDML-Listener) that has a "mature" crowd/audience and is more about enjoying the music than about being able to post "#Coachella" on an Instagram story?

Right now it seems like I have to make a trip back to Europe lol

Thanks!

submitted by /u/Philko_can
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/festivals/comments/e0t99u/opinions_on_music_festivals_edmrap_in_north/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Etymotic Foam vs. Custom Earplugs