Making the Most of Festival Fun in Lockdown Ease – Kicking off with the Glastonbury Experience

Making the Most of Festival Fun in Lockdown Ease – Kicking off with the Glastonbury Experience

Thank goodness, time for lockdown ease, with due care of course just in time for the start of the festival season ! So ok we still can’t get out the Hunters Wellies, tents & wheelbarrows and travel miles but we could venture into the garden or even stay indoors and re-create the Glastonbury experience this weekend. A festival that was so excited about celebrating its 50th Anniversary needs recognition for its amazing achievements, presenting some of the best in our world of music over the years. So set yourselves up, stock up on wine, beers, paper straws, loo roll, crystals and let’s do this. Glastonbury has changed the lives of so many people, visitors, artists and pilgrims from all over the world. One of these is Lui Krieg, known as King Lui in Glastonbury, crystal sound healer and musician and his inspirational story shows just how much this festival can mean to some.

Lui Krieg, known as King Lui in Glastonbury, crystal sound healer and musician

Lui tells all…

‘ I need to go back in time 26 years ago, it was in 1994 when I was with my family, with my partner Tessa and my son Kai, we were up in Pudsey near Leeds visiting Tessa’s parents and camping out in the backyard. One Morning a newspaper got delivered the old way, it went flying over the fence and landed on my tent. I opened up the newspaper and there was a one page ad advertising the Glastonbury Festival in Glastonbury, Somerset. I had never heard about Glastonbury before, this was my first visit to England, I always thought I’m not going to come to England because I thought it was going to rain there all the time but that has changed because we have such beautiful summers here. Anyway, I opened the newspaper, I looked at the Glastonbury festival ad and I said “Tessa, Kai, we’ve got to go there. It’s happening this weekend”, and so we jumped into the van (we lived in a van at the time like travellers do), we drove down the M1 and we bypassed London and headed towards the A303, driving down the road, great rock music on and suddenly went over that hill and there was Stonehenge right in front of me, the first time I saw Stonehenge with my eyes and I was screaming, I was like “wow, wow, wow” and suddenly a magical journey began. And I think for everyone who drives from London to the Glastonbury Festival, this is the point of entry, passing by Stonehenge, being reminded of our ancient history and our magic land that we have here. So, driving on, suddenly coming into the Vale of Avalon and seeing this Glastonbury tour from far away and again I had a very very deep emotional moment and I suddenly recognised that I was coming home.

So, we drove to Pilton and we arrived at the gate, small problem.. we didn’t have a ticket for the festival. So, I talked to one of the guards and I showed him these magical creations that I do that are now available in Stone Age here right behind me because I create jewellery and I create magical objects. I showed him these and I told him we drove all the way from Germany just to come to the festival but now we don’t have tickets. So, what happened, believe it or not, he said “oh why don’t you drive up to Michael Eavis’farm house and ask him if there is anything he can do” and so we drove off and we knocked at his door and Michael Eavis opened the door and he invited us into his living room and we started to talk about our journey, about what we do with the jewellery and our magical tools and we were able to convince him that we should be part of this Glastonbury festival. So, he said “yes, go over to this gate and just tell them this and that and you will be in”.

There we were, inside the Glastonbury festival having the most amazing time. We set up a stall, I was selling pendants, we were connecting with the people. It was a brilliant festival, the sun was shining, no mud, everything was perfect.

So, after the festival was over, we decided to head down to Glastonbury town, and my god what a welcome it was for us. We arrived in the town, parked down by the tour, walked up the tour and something very special, magical, happened. On top of the tour, the first time that we went up there, I met somebody who was wearing one of my pendants that I had created and he had purchased off me five years earlier in India, in Goa. So that I took as a very very good sign. And then a magical story unfolded and we went down to the gallery at the bottom of the Glastonbury tour and we went in there and again we showed them our magical creations and they said “wow, you can have an exhibition here tomorrow”. And so we went there the next day and we opened the stall and our creations were so well received and it was such a beautiful day and we immediately realised that this is the place that we should make our home and that’s when we decided we’re going to go back to India, we are going to pack everything up and we are going to move to Glastonbury, the ancient isle of Avalon – probably the most magical place on planet earth.

So I want to give a big big thank you to Michael Eavis, the organiser of the Glastonbury Festival, the world famous amazing gathering of artists and performers and musicians’

This year will certainly be unique, but no doubt will be celebrated with due respect by all our amazing presenters, broadcasters and journalists and if we can have fun at home, in our gardens, social distancing wherever we need to – we can still have an amazing time and look forward to all the future festivals which we will cherish and enjoy even more.

submitted by /u/quitegreatmusicpr
[link] [comments]


source https://www.reddit.com/r/festivals/comments/hf37x5/making_the_most_of_festival_fun_in_lockdown_ease/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Etymotic Foam vs. Custom Earplugs