Boarder-Roommate Wanted, $750/mth, Waltham MA, outside of Boston

I am looking for a female boarder-roommate for a furnished room in a two-bedroom, 600 sq ft apartment in south Waltham, near Moody St.. Earliest availability December or Jan 1. I am a 59 year old female writer, good cook and morning person. Since it’s as easy to cook for two as for one, I’m offering to supply food as well as all utilities (heat, electricity, Internet.) There is laundry on the premises and a yard! The room has queen size bed and small desk. No off-street parking, but it’s a quiet side street and it’s not usually hard to find parking. Very close to the riverwalk. Ten minute walk to buses to Cambridge and Boston, as well as commuter rail. I’m looking for someone one quiet and responsible, who is not here all the time. We can discuss Covid precautions in person/over the phone. Unfortunately, the apartment is not handicapped accessible; one full staircase. Small pets negotiable. There is no storage outside of the bedroom closet. This is month-to-month, with fingers crossed for the best.

Food, etc.: I expect that I will be able to provide about 70% of your meals. You would be welcome to half of all the food in the house and expected to do your own dishes, and generally be neat and clean. Taking the trash out occasionally would be great as would be taking a turn cleaning the bathroom & kitchen floor. This is an environmentally conscious household. I ask that you recycle and conserve energy. You’re welcome to take a ‘brown bag’ lunch to work/school. I cook almost everything from scratch, avoid foods with coloring or preservatives and use seasonal vegetables. My meals tend to be light on meat (all kinds as well as chicken and fish), dairy and grains and heavy on vegetables. I cook two or three main courses a week, and often something else, like yogurt (I make it myself) or a salad. I keep healthy snacks on hand, usually fresh/dried fruit and canned fish/cheese to eat with crackers. I don’t keep sweets on hand. If you want you’re welcome to occasionally cook for yourself, prepare yourself a snack and bring in whatever additional food you want. I don’t serve meals at a particular time, rather you can take what you want from the fridge and heat it up yourself. We’ll probably occasionally sit down to a meal together but it’s not scheduled. Very light alcohol & marijuana use ok. All of this is subject to minor adjustments.

Here is a list of what I’ve cooked recently: chicken marbella, lentil burgers, curried squash soup with coconut milk, sauted broccoli rab, roasted root vegetables, beef stew, bean stew with yucca, chayote & pork, buckwheat pancakes with molasses and sesame oil, orange juice cucumber oregano smoothie, white bean soup with kale and linguica, lentil stew with lamb bits, carrot ginger soup, stir fried rice & vegetables.

Please respond with a little bit about yourself and your plans for the future. All races & ethnicities welcome, gay friendly. I’ll probably do a phone screen and may want to meet you more than once before making a decision. In addition to first month’s rent, I’ll need one month’s rent as security deposit/last month’s rent.

submitted by /u/AriaLittlhous
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/festivals/comments/k088s8/boarderroommate_wanted_750mth_waltham_ma_outside/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Etymotic Foam vs. Custom Earplugs