Etymotic Foam vs. Custom Earplugs

I'm trying to decide if custom earplugs are worth it for me...

So I've been to concerts in the past, and I typically use Etymotic ER20XS earplugs with foam tips. I usually try to be close to the front (and usually end up off to the side), so maybe the sound would be different if I go further back and toward the center, but I find that with the foam tips, the sound ends up super bassy and the vocals become a little hard to understand. Is that a product of where I'm standing in relation to the speakers, or is that just the nature of foam tips?

Could I expect to see a difference with custom earplugs? Comfort isn't an issue at all right now, I'm just curious if it would sound "better."

submitted by /u/qadrty
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/festivals/comments/puvmmy/etymotic_foam_vs_custom_earplugs/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog