Stubhub

Is a joke.

I've used their service on and off for years. I've never had an issue until yesterday at CRSSD - a two day house and techno event in San Diego.

I feel like I need to tell you all about how unfair this situation was and why I recommend you never use their service again. To some of you this may be common knowledge - but to those of you that are on the fence and still rely on Stubhub for tickets, give this a read.

Earlier in the week I had bought a Saturday ticket to CRSSD at a pretty solid price. I almost immediately got a series of emails, one of which said that I would have to wait on a final email from a third party. I've been through this process before so I had confidence it would all work out.

That email never came (checked spam, archive, and trash for various combinations of key word searches) and unfortunately I trusted that it would come before the event. When I didn't have it by Saturday morning I decided to call customer service. I was on hold for a little over an hour before I gave up.

I was pretty mad, but the tickets weren't that expensive, and all my buddies were going so I just went on Stubhub again on and bought a 2 day ticket (because it was cheaper now) and made sure it was a direct transfer. In hindsight this was an incredibly stupid decision, but at the time I saw the ticket show up right away in the app and I thought I was all set.

I was pretty pissed that the first one never came, but I was sure that I was going to get a refund and at this point I just wanted to vibe and listen to some house music with my friends.

Fast forward to festival entrance, I'm the last of my friends to get scanned, and my Stubhub ticket (the second one I purchased, after the first was never transferred) was invalid.

I was really confused and thought there had been some kind of mistake. I had them scan it several more times, but ultimately I was not let in. I tried a second time, looked for scalpers, went to the box office, etc. After an hour or so I just gave up and went home.

From what I can gather, the same ticket must have been used by someone else, which is why it was invalid for my entry.

Since this happened - I've spent another 2 hours on hold on their customer service line. I have a refund in process for the 1 invalid ticket, but I was told I'll need to answer more questions before they can process the refund for the ticket that was never transferred. The whole thing is a joke.

No amount of refunding can account for the shitty feeling of getting rejected at the entrance of a festival that my group of friends had been collectively looking forward to for a month.

tl;dr Got scammed by Stubhub twice for one event, one ticket was never transferred, the second did transfer but was invalid and I ended up getting turned away at the entrance of CRSSD with an invalid ticket. Don't use Stubhub.

submitted by /u/joshtree41
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/festivals/comments/pw05sn/stubhub/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Etymotic Foam vs. Custom Earplugs