EDM festivals changed my life for the better

I've been listening to EDM ever since my early years of college, but I've always wanted to go to a rave or a festival. In my darkest times, EDM was what helped kept me going. Nearly took my own life last year. Fast forward to 2021, and I decided I needed to finally get out of my comfort zone. Electric Zoo festival was coming up, the lineup looked fire, and I saw some of my favorite DJs (Illenium, Galantis, Kaskade, Tiesto, Alesso, Steve Aoki) asked one of my close friends to see if she wanted to come along, she was interested at first but bailed out. So fuck it, I'll go solo if I have to. Clicked around the ezoo subreddit to see if anyone else was going solo or was willing to split hotel costs. Got added to a bunch of festival rave message groups and someone (now one of my rave buddies) reached out to me and wanted to see if I wanted to join his group. I gladly accepted. We exchanged contact info and socials just to make sure we are legit. He's been to a few festivals before so we talked about what to expect, what to wear, etc. Some other people from the rave groups also added me and we also had great conversations about festivals and music tastes. Honestly I was a bit nervous and excited at the same time. I'm also usually introverted too!

At the festival, I discovered myself and felt that I was meant to be here. Don't think there's anywhere else I could call home. I was able to let go, be comfortable and be myself, even around so many strangers. I was so glad to escape reality for a few days just to see who I could be. I also discovered a welcoming community and culture where everyone is accepted regardless of background or differences, and I find the PLUR (peace, love, unity, respect) motto badass !!! Even traded kandi with people and received perler necklaces!! I vibed with all the music, discovered new artists/DJs, headbanged to the heavy bass dubstep and got into a moshpit haha. I now have a close rave group, and although we live in different states, we're already planning to attend more raves and festivals in the future!! Not only that, but I have a network of other ravers across the country.

Attending the festival was life changing for me and I truly recommend everyone to try it at least once in their life. EDM has become my passion and prob 80% of the music I listen to. I've made a whole bunch of kandi and perler necklaces last week and am trying to learn how to shuffle! I'm so hooked on festivals lol. I'm so pumped to be going to a Halloween rave this weekend, EDC Orlando next month, and seeing Seven Lions in December!!!!

Btw, my favorite EDM artists/DJs are Illenium, Excision, Subtronics, Slander, and Seven Lions. I resonate with their music and their lyrics so much that they get me in the feels. And yes I cried/crybanged during Illenium's set at ezoo. And if anyone else is going to EDC Orlando I hope to see you there!!!

submitted by /u/sasukeuchiha21
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/festivals/comments/qheut9/edm_festivals_changed_my_life_for_the_better/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Etymotic Foam vs. Custom Earplugs