I want to shout from the rooftops. I just started festivals this year and they truly saved my life.

I attended my first festival in April with my girlfriend and family. I was honestly in a dark place, had dark thoughts, and was generally miserable. I had been lying to myself and everyone for years about how I felt. I was starting to believe I was actually “okay.” It’s pretty scary actually because I didn’t even realize where my mind was going. My first festival I was full of anxiety. But I learned to cut loose and have fun for really the first time ever. I felt like I was in paradise with all my loved ones around me. Immediately when I got home I felt I’d never recover but within a few days I was planning for the next festival. It was even better. I made an amazing group of friends at my third. And have been to four more with them all. My relationship with my girlfriend and family is flourishing like I could have never imagined. And honestly I cry every time I think about it, I HAVE THE BEST FRIENDS EVER. They live hours away but the wait to see them every so often is more than worth it. I have always longed for true connection to the people around me and it is on fire! I had the best weekend imaginable and everyone was full of so much love. I fell back in love with life this year guys! I’m honestly proud of myself. Good job everyone, we have all got it going on!

submitted by /u/GivingAwayLove
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/festivals/comments/qftols/i_want_to_shout_from_the_rooftops_i_just_started/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Etymotic Foam vs. Custom Earplugs