I was arrested at a festival. Was my experience typical?

Throw away account to protect my privacy

I [20 F] was arrested at a festival. I was drinking underage and had drugs on me. It is what it is. But my experience felt strangely intense, and I wonder if others think this was strange.

I was handcuffed (which is to be expected), and then led off the outskirts of the festival, to a vehiclr that looked kind of like this. Not exactly, but similar.

I was the only one. Before they sat me down, they put one of the blue medical masks on me, and then a cloth one too. Then they sat me down, buckled me in, and closed the door. I sat there for a while, and eventually they brought two more women. I asked when they were going to take up to jail or whatever, and they said once the van was full or at the end of their shift, whichever came first. The other girls also got the double mask.

I dont know how long it was because i didnt have my phone, but we were there for a long time. It was really hot in there. Eventually one girl said she needed to pee, but the cop said we could go at the station. What felt like several hours later they put another girl in.

We finally left after even longer and they took us to jail and booked us.

Both the girl who asked and I ended up peeing our pants because they wouldnt let us out.

Is any of this normal, or do I have grounds to sue? The whole thing felt really off to me.

submitted by /u/festarresthrowaway
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/festivals/comments/riav3e/i_was_arrested_at_a_festival_was_my_experience/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Etymotic Foam vs. Custom Earplugs