Immense anxiety about going to my first music festival (Decadence)

Hey y’all. So my friends convinced to buy tickets for Decadence several weeks ago, and I bought them cuz it seemed fun and exciting. I’ve never been to a rave type of thing before, and I love EDM, so I figured why not. Now all of a sudden I’m feeling incredibly anxious and the thought of attending the festival in general is starting to fill me with dread.

I think with the new COVID variant (Omicron wasn’t a thing at the time), the Astroworld disaster, and just general fears I have of weapons and whatnot…I’m terrified. I think the fact that I have no idea what events like Decadence are like (like what’s the layout?? how crowded is it?? how much do they check to make sure patrons don’t bring in anything dangerous??), and me being an anxious person in general doesn’t help me at all. I’m also kinda “boring” in that I don’t drink/do drugs/etc. so I worry about feeling out of place.

Does anyone have any words of advice? Is there anything I should know in general about being safe before going? How crowded is it in general? Thanks.

Edit: I’m a 25F, not sure if that matters

submitted by /u/oliveflavoredolives
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/festivals/comments/rriwwm/immense_anxiety_about_going_to_my_first_music/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Etymotic Foam vs. Custom Earplugs