Debating between New Orleans Jazzfest 1st weekend or Shaky Knees and Sweetwater 420 festivals in Atlanta.

I live in New Orleans and have attended Jazzfest for most of my life. The lineup this year has a lot of repeat acts from prior years so I am contemplating going to Atlanta during 1st weekend instead.

Both Sweetwater 420 and Shaky Knees festivals have better lineups in my opinion. I've never seen Green Day, Oysterhead, or Billy Idol.

I would love to be able to buy daily passes for both but Sweetwater only has the weekend pass. Sweetwater also hasn't announced who is playing which day. Does anyone know if Sweetwater will offer daily tickets?

I'm also wrestling with if it is worth taking 3 days off of work for travel time to go to Atlanta when I can stay home, skip 1st Friday and take no days off. Lodging is a non-issue for me in Atlanta.

I will also be at Jazzfest 2nd weekend, wristband purchased two years ago. It's a quick turnaround for two different festivals in different cities on back to back weekends. There are a lot of logistics to sort out and I'm pretty exhausted just thinking about it.

I'd love a fresh take and any input from my fellow festival goers.

submitted by /u/cajunjew76
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/festivals/comments/s9f2m3/debating_between_new_orleans_jazzfest_1st_weekend/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Etymotic Foam vs. Custom Earplugs