Husband hates festivals…

Hi all, has anybody ever been in a relationship where their partner just doesn’t get the music festival culture at all? It’s causing issues in our marriage and really bumming me out.

I LOVE festivals and go all the time, I’m also into party favors. My husband hates it all. He judges it. Thinks is strange. Thinks the people are weird. I never really realized how important the music festival scene and community is to me until the past couple of years. I hate that I can’t host my fest friends in our city because my husband side eyes them.

I took him to a festival once and never again. He complained the ENTIRE time and is a big germaphobe so he couldn’t deal with porta potties and no showering.

We‘ve been together for 7 years and I’m afraid I’m realizing we’re too opposite. I love live music, being silly, and socializing. I’m an artist, open minded, free spirited. He’s a pot head with lots of anxiety and doesn’t enjoy ”mindless nonsense” as he calls it, his focus is on work, work, work, and building a “legacy“. Life is too short and I’m having a really difficult time. Wondering if anybody has been in a similar position before?

Thanks for your input!

submitted by /u/Lovebugsunite
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/festivals/comments/yx4fg5/husband_hates_festivals/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Etymotic Foam vs. Custom Earplugs